Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Truth Will Wiggle Free

You know what the worst thing about being elderly is?  You don't get to have fun like when you're young--like your twenties or younger.  You don't get to just display your raw emotions out there for anyone to see.  Why?  Because I'm sure my college professor wouldn't just softly tell me to use my words if I just up and chucked a stick at her in the middle of her lecture (like Jack). and no one wants to be the  checker who has to check out the crazy middle aged Mom who skipped through the entire grocery shopping trip (ala Sydney).  It truly is unfair.
That's what I love about Zumba.  Not only do I get to wiggle and jump I also get to shout Whoo! whenever the heck I feel like it and nobody wants to have me committed.  It's the only place a grown woman can randomly shout WHOO! in public and it's acceptable.  There should be more Whoo! opportunities dangit!  Like if I'm dropping off my kids at school and we are all on time PLUS I had a good hair-day. . . that should be an automatic wiggle, jump, and whoo! moment.  But I'm afraid it won't be so.
What's unfortunate about Zumba is that it's a lot of hip action.  And by-golly my hips don't lie.  Like ever, but I really wish they would.  If they would fib a little maybe I wouldn't look like such a fool out there and people wouldn't be giving me extra space so that my hips don't poke out their eye.    My hips don't sway, but they are reliable little truth tellers.  They shout  their testimony of truth right out over my jeans every day. The truth is out there, everywhere: my right side, my left side, my backside. Before you go thinking I'm knocking myself down, I'm not.  I'm a fan of honesty, so therefore I love my cute little truth-handles.  They've really grown on me.
Look where this post went!  It turned into babble about flubber--love it!  Seriously though, love me some zumba no matter how rough I look doing it.  I have a bit of an addiction, but how could I not?  I've lost 16 lbs of baby weight in 16 weeks so far, and since starting have never "not felt like going".  I love having people come and shake and shout with me, so if you're looking for a exercise partner, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That's the one thing I really liked about Jazzercise! Lots of hip shaking along with all different types of music--but mostly the hip shaking kind! Plus they have no mirrors (on purpose) so no one really knows how silly they look--or how incredibly awesome too!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The no mirrors would be nice! My class is ALLLLLLLLLL mirrors. It's a very narcissistic room.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos