Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Hear Dead People

I do.  It's my sixth-sense. But only their feet so I must not be crazy.


You know that floating wave you get on when you are trying to fall asleep?  That one where your brain suddenly starts to mush over to sleep mode?  There's that weird space-void right in between.

Oh, I guess I could have just said when you're not quite asleep, not quite awake. You get the idea.

That's when I hear them.  It doesn't happen during the mush-void all the time, but every once in a while it happens:  I'm just about to nod off when I hear footsteps down my hall, feel like someone is checking on me, then its like the footsteps fade away.  Then I sleep shake out of the void and I'm awake because I can't tell if it really happened or not.


It probably doesn't.  But last night there was an added bonus: a door shutting and then a squeal.  The squeal ended up being the guinea pigs (dang pigs), but I can't tell you what the door was.

Weird, right?  No I don't really think it's dead people, but it sure isn't alive people either.  It's just a weird trick my brain likes to play when it's in swimming mode. Isn't he funny?

I sure thought so at 3:00 am last night.

So let's talk brains.  What kind of games does yours like to play when you're starting to zonk?
Also, can you tell I wrote this on 3 hours of sleep?  Yes, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

kiddos