Monday, August 6, 2012

Still a Cool Dude

Let me introduce you to a member of our family.  He is one that doesn't get a lot of love and I'm really not sure why.  This is he:




Our fridge Ol' Trusty.  You must not adjust your color monitors, yes that is 70's almond folks.  I would remove the random picture clusters and magnets, but I am convinced it actually looks better with them in place.

We call him our Dave Ramsey fridge and anyone who has read the Dave Ramsey books knows exactly what I'm talking about.  We have had Ol' Trusty for as long as we have been married.  We acquired him when we purchased our first home--amazingly he came with the house! They didn't want to take him with them. Imagine that? But we weren't about to give him up when we moved, no way Jose. Can't leave a gem like this behind! Anyway, we are coming up on our 10 year anniversary pretty quick here so that makes our time with Trusty roughly 10 years, which is great because I imagine he has been a staple for a lot of other 10 year anniversaries.

He is not pretty.  He is not large.  He does not come with an interior light.  But none of that really matters. You know why?  Because guess what is the ONLY appliance that still works in my otherwise stainless steel kitchen.  That's right.

So laugh all you want, but Ol' Trusty is here to stay, much to my Mother in Law's chagrin (kidding Lori).  At least until I feel like forking over the $2000 cash for a brand new shiny one, or when the other side of his only freezer shelf finally falls in, whichever comes first.

So what's the point of this post?  There isn't one.  That's what's great about not blogging in for-ev-er, no one reads your posts anyway so you can blog about whatever you want!  Or maybe I just needed to find some more self restraint to stop from getting the eyesore out of my kitchen.  Your guess is as good as mine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jodi, I love how you write. You have such a delightful way of expressing yourself. It speaks to me man! Tell ol trusty I said hi :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos