Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where are My Points?

Life should be about the point system.

I don't understand why it doesn't work this way. My kids have a ticket board where they have to get certain things accomplished during the day before they earn tickets. They can use the tickets for things like playing with friends or turn in for cash. The tickets are kinda like points. I'm jealous of my kids point board.

Not because I want to have to earn my time with friends, but mostly because if life ran on the point system, I'm pretty sure I would be right up there with SheRa.

First off I mowed my lawn today. (5 pts). I had to clean up after my dog before I could start mowing the lawn (5 pts + 40 pts cause I am a girl). It took 2 hrs. (15pts + 5 because it was really hot) . The reason it took 2 hours was because my lawn mower is not self-propelled and there are several levels and flower beds to mow around, plus watching my kids. (5 pts for non-self propelled). I did all this while still sick with a sinus infection. (3 pts)

I earned a lot of points today, yes? Pretty amazing. I know you're jealous of my superhuman skills, but baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

I call my hubs to tell him about my superpower day. I explain to him how hard it was for me with the hills in the lawn and about how exhausted I was. He says it's a crummy lawn mower. I say "yes, next time we get self propelled." He says, "Jodes, it is self propelled."

Wait for it.


I had to digest that for a moment.



I didn't just. . .


but oh yes, yes I did.


I mowed my entire lawn, plus random levels, plus skirting flower beds, without the self propel of a self propelled lawn mower. It's like mowing with the breaks on. Thats why my arms felt like al dente noodles. Quite overdone they were.

At first I felt a little silly. BUT THEN, I realized:

I just mowed my lawn by pulling out the strength of pretty much 10 men.

Mowing the lawn with no self propel of self-propelled lawn mower: (134 pts.)

In case you missed the calculations, that's nearly 500 pts in one day.

By golly, I AM SheRa.

So you see my frustration about the points. It's not about the amazacality of a woman mowing the lawn because I know secretly many women(myself included) enjoy mowing the lawn. It's about simply the points we should earn because of these tasks.
I would really like to turn them in to get, oh, I dunno, like a trip to Greece, or maybe a couple of small things like a new couch and free groceries for a year.

Instead, I just get sweaty shoes.



Life is so unfair.

1 comment:

  1. Life is NOT fair. Never was. If it was I would be a millionaire, because that's what I want to be and I'm nice. Instead, I have to work everyday, just to get by. Nope, not fair at all. Another rule of life, it doesn't pay to be nice.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos