Thursday, September 2, 2010

But I Had a Hat on

I have become (and it only took my first child getting to first grade) the pajama bus chasing mom.

This morning things were looking good. Skye was being slow, but she has a little of her mom in her and simply cannot focus on getting ready for the day if ANYTHING comes up to distract her. This morning her distractions included following the water drops in the shower and watching the garbage truck. So of course we are a little behind. By the time I finally get her ready the school bus should be about 1 minute away from picking up kids.

I have a weird dilemma every morning. I want to get up and get ready for the day since I don't drop skye off at the bus until 8:40 and hate to still be in p.j's at that time, but the best time to excersise is right after I get home from the bus. So every morning I'm fighting back and forth with myself. Do I exercise or do I get dressed? Hmm. .

Today Jammies won out and I'm herding the kids out the door. "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! NOW! I said now and I MEAN IT!!!"

We go. There is no car in the garage. Nice.

So here I am in my p.j's. But I have a hat on. Okay.

"Skye, we've got to make a run for it!" Sydney, watch Jack, I'll be right back!"

So I'm runnin' in my jammies, Skye is running with her bulky backpack and lunch, and I have 2 little ducklings plus a dog following behind in their jammies (the dog was not in pj's thank goodness). The bus stop is not far if you aren't driving since you can cut through backyards, but on this particular morning I think it made it worse. Can you imagine, looking out your back window and spotting a Mom in her bed clothes and hat running bare foot at the front of a short stack parade (big dopey dog at the caboose)? Then seeing her stop at the edge of your yard, cup her hands and shout, "You can do it baby, just run!" ?
I may or may not have shouted that, but I was pretty proud when Skye kicked it up a notch when the bus came around the corner and backpack, lunch, and all made it to the bus.

Still doesn't change the fact of who I've become. Just add it to the list of things I said I would never. . . .

2 comments:

  1. I think we have all had those moments where we have said, "well I would never", and then we do!!! LOL
    I'm just hoping someone somewhere took a photo of you running down the street in your jammies--great pic to post as your profile pic on FB.

    BTW--at my house exercise always wins over getting dressed. You can always get dressed but finding the time to exercise...not so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that is pretty funny lady. I can so picture you doing that!! but only because I do it every Thursday morning minus the hat, when I take out my garbage.:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos