Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You're turning Violet, Violet!




Ahem. I'm pregnant. In case you didn't know. And this is the first pregnancy out of 4 that I have actually fronted the money for a maternity swimsuit. Usually I think it's a waste, but since we purchased a year pass at the rec center, there was no waiting from my kids until I was back to a svelte frame. (right?) And, as it turns out, they do allow giant blueberries in the pool so there ya go.
We went last week. Picture baywatch, (any of those blondes gliding down the beach plus a cute little half-basketball belly) running to save children from the whale that had beached herself and is flailing to get back in the water. That's me. Not the baywatch blonde--that was the pregnant girl who got in the water right before me in her cute little Down East swimwear. I was the beached whale. Well, technically not beached yet, I hadn't slipped or anything before entering the pool, but my balance can't be trusted lately so I always have a plan. Not that I would be flailing around like flipper had I fallen and beached myself on the pool tiles; please! If this situation arose I had already planned my course of action to include waiting patiently for one to three nice gentlemen to come rescue me by rolling me over onto my side so that I could roll to my hands and knees and then get one knee up and push off of that into a squat-stand then full-stand position like a normal classy pregnant woman.
I almost ordered a blue suit. Ha! But realized feeling like a buoyant blueberry was enough. With my short sausage legs, and the waffle in my step I felt like looking the part of grandma's best homemade breakfast walking into the pool was a little much. So black and white polka-dots it was. You know, like free Willey.
I have around 6ish weeks left. 6 more weeks to weigh down one side of the pool, so we are going again tonight. It's nice because once in the pool you feel lighter than air rather than full of air/people so it's a good way to spend the last pregnancy weeks I suppose. I'm just looking forward to being able to see my cute baby, and also my feet again without feeling like I am actually retaining a whole dang pool.
But I feel comforted because everything I read about tells me that pregnancy is a beautiful thing--so I guess that means I'm still hot. And even though I might cry over the milk being all gone from the fridge when I am severely craving cereal, my husband is still happy to rush to the gas station to grab me some. Or maybe he just has a thing for blue fruit.


1 comment:

  1. Silly silly girl! (I hope that doesn't make you cry that I called you silly). I just saw you yesterday and you did NOT resemble a whale. Beached or moving of it's own free will. You are a darling pregnant lady that can definately still keep herself in the hot category! :). Can't wait to meet your cute baby either! Keep blogging. It makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos