
My husband is a stinking hero. He is, and he doesn't even try to be. It's just in his nature--he was born this way so after a day of busting the bad guys, he just goes and takes a nap like it was no big deal. Or, NBD for you young'n texters.
If anyone recalls his mouse-pants-dance, my knight-in-shining-under-armor, or the day I posted on FB about him saving my face from an attack by a big hairy black spider, you know how fabulous he is at rescuing his damsel. Well, this day was no different.
Back story: We had a huge (this time no exaggeration) black widow make camp outside our back door in her equally huge web. The web was several feet long and place just above the top of our back door so when I placed my dogs food dish outside and stood up I was darn-near face to face with the evil non-insect.
Realizing I was alone (no knight at home) I knew I was going to have to take care of this on my own so I backed slowly inside so I could grab everything I needed. Thankfully all went well and I was able to reach the phone to contact the Knight and alert him to the battle that awaited him when he got home. Phew!
He gets home, and attacks like Legolas charging into Mordor(slightly less hair, just as handsome in action). The widow had no chance.
Fast forward two days, the widow is back! Same place, new huge web, different black widow. What does this mean? He came at it angry this time. This widow showed no fear. The spider, who spread out is about the size of my palm, thought nothing of Pete's size and slowly lowered herself halfway out of her web. She then swung herself out of his way and then came back straight at him just a swingin'! This black widow came within an inch of my knight, barely missed, then came back swinging for round two! Now, this is the time where if I were in battle I would throw my weapons, call for a retreat and move the family to Idaho. Not my man. He saw it through to the end. For I minute, I wasn't sure who would survive when the battle ended up underneath the deck, but when the victor emerged, it was Pete. I think he raised his arms and flexed his bicep a little bit in celebration. A Hero once again.
Clearly, this story may not be over so Idaho has not been ruled out. However, if you have a recommendation for a great pest control company we would be happy to consider it.
I'm glad Pete emerged the victor/hero so his head didn't swell up from a spider bite!
ReplyDelete-Mom-