It's a good thing I have never had a taste of alcohol. Even a little sip would probably have put me over the edge because one benadryl and I'm a complete loon.
I have had wicked allergies the past couple of days. I hate allergy medication because it makes me feel so weird. Last night I couldn't stand it any longer though so I popped some benadryl in. One little pill before bed.
I woke up at three AM convinced I was near death. Not because I was in pain, but because it was three and I had just woken up, and I was surrounded by a weird swimming sensation. I was convinced my heart had stopped. I tried to take my pulse and couldn't find it. "Oh ,no, this is bad",I was thinking. I stood up and started pacing the house quickly trying to get my pulse up so I could take it. I made a few laps around my kitchen island, then I tried taking my neck pulse again with no luck. I finally found a pulse in my wrist but it was very faint.
That couldn't be good, right?
But I'm still breathing. I pinch myself. Still alive (or at least not dreaming).
I lay back in bed after deciding this must not be my time to go since clearly if my heart had been stopped for several minutes, I wouldn't be able to be alive, let alone think this lucidly (I guess being convinced your heart has stopped even though you're walking around fine is thinking lucidly).
I closed my eyes and decided to try to go to sleep. Right before slipping into dreamland I jerk awake. Because at that time of morning I have associated the swimmy-medicine feeling with what I assume is what it feels like to take your last breath. I couldn't fall asleep for hours because I was afraid my eyes wouldn't open in the morning.
Now that I talk about it, it seems kind of funny. Clearly, I was perfectly fine. But I do think it's time to lay off the hard stuff.
From now on it's strictly children's tylenol for all my medication needs.
Jodi! Next time you think you are dying, you better call me.
ReplyDeleteWhere was Andrew?
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you didn't pick up someone else's meds instead? Did you see Vegetable People?!!!
ReplyDeleteMom Lori
Benedryl is heavy stuff. I can't take it and I've had it all. They give Brent the stuff before his transfusions for goodness sakes. You need to either take zyrtec or claritin (equate claritin has the same active ingredient but is only $5)
ReplyDelete