Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looking Too Much, and Burning Hands

We had been driving around for a while running errands the other day when Sydney told me her head hurt.
"you're head hurts?"
"Yes"
"Why does it hurt?"
"I think I've been looking too much"

I know how you feel Sydney. Sometimes I definitely feel I have looked too, too much.
Yesterday was a sad day. I had Sydney vacuuming her bedroom when I hear the 'crunch-crunch' of something too big being sucked up. I hear Jack start to cry. I start running down the hall, and Sydney meets me and yells terrified, "Mommy! I vacuumed up Jack!"
Turns out she did not vacuum up ALL of Jack, but his hand did take a beating. He has a pretty yucky friction burn. We get to go to the burn clinic tomorrow to have it looked at. The pediatrician threw out some words like "could damage his hand" and "possible skin graph" Yikes! I don't think it will go as far as the graph, but I'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you Jared and Von for coming to the rescue! Doc was pretty impressed with the wrapping skills! What would we do without you?

6 comments:

  1. That is so, so sad! When James told me about it, I freaked out! I bet poor Sydney feels terrible! Poor babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney...feel bad? J/K. This is a good lesson for me I always suck my kids up with the vacuum hose. I use it to suck in their shirts and sometimes a little on the skin. What type of vacuum machine do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Jen! I would love to see you chasing your kids with the vacuum! Sydney ran over him with the bottom part of the vacuum, I don't think it would have caused much of a problem with the hose. The spinner took a good chunk of skin off of him. so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are SOOOO sad about Jack! We are hoping he will be ok without having to find out what all of the words are the Dr. used.
    (Does being without Jared and Von make you want to take that sign down?) Just thought I would ask:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jeanie's comment.

    Its kind of like when you have a flood in your house, and you realize how amazing your friends, neighbors, and ward is. Then you realize that you are NOT, infact, supposed to move. You realize you are right where you belong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And poor, poor Jack. Good thing it wasnt one of the girls! Scars are cool for boys!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos