Monday, May 4, 2009

Car Hoppin'

OH THE HUMANITY!!

Went to Sam's club today. Had my ear chatted off by a 3 year old who had to tell me something about every item we passed. And make sure I was listening. Turns out there's A LOT of stuff in Sam's club.

So we make it out to the car with our loot, and I unload while Sydney chat's away. As I start to close the hatch a truck with two women pull up and wait to pull in beside me. "Oh, I guess I'll hurry" I think to myself, so I get Sydney out of the cart and push the button to open the door. It opens on one side and she runs to the other (the drivers side where truck ladies want to pull in). "No Sydney, not that door the other door." So she opens the drivers door. Ugh! So I now have all doors open and Zero kids inside. Truck is pulling closer. I think, Oh there's other spaces they'll just move on ahead" Nope. Still waiting. "No Sydney (I push button to close the darn hatch again) climb in please". I let go of the cart to usher Sydney in, and close the door as Jack-in-the-Cart starts rolling away.
AH!
So I step back, stop cart with foot, and Sydney is still hanging on the outside of the door. Hmmm, what to do, what to do?

The back hatch opens back up and my giant purchase of toilet paper falls out.

I growl, and Truck stubbornly inches closer. So at this point I have my right hand on the cart, my left hand out to Sydney, and my feet were shaking/shuffling all about. Truck honks and turns into space, narrowly missing me AND Sydney.

WELL!!!!

No sympathy here! Maybe truck ladies have never had to deal with bursts of the hokey-pokey in the parking lot before. Sydney finally climbs in, the truck ladies try to open their door, but can't (driver's door is still wide open) and I'm getting the hatch closed again and pulling Jack out of the cart. I hear:

"People!"

They shut their door and after all that, pull back out and drive away.

I'm offended! People, indeed!

The saddest part is, I didn't even get a chance to accidentally roll the cart into their truck explain myself.


.

5 comments:

  1. That was freaking hillarious!! You should have sponsors on your blog and make some money from it!! Hey, can I get your Cafe Rio Salad receipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the time I was helping my Mom out of Costco, and pushing a cart full of big bags of salt, when the cart tipped over on the sewer grate, and a big suburban (a man this time)sat and honked at me to get out of the way while I was trying to pick up the heavy bags of salt. Jerk! Another guy came running over to help though, not everyone is mean. Anyway, you can definitely tell a story, you make me laugh too. And you always have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, just consider the source and let it go! There will always be inconsiderate people in the world---rise above them! Besides, the universe loves balance, and they will get "theirs" down the road. It would just be nice if you were around to see it!! Mom Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness. I would give them a choice finger as they drove by.... but it would have to be hidden from the children, which might be difficult. Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happens to me all the time...the (almost) 3 year old talking my ear off in the store...

    That other stuff is just too bad. I can't believe they did that to you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

kiddos